Monday, October 30, 2006

My Boy is Smiling

Studies show that a baby’s crying peaks at six weeks of age. As the father of a six-week old, I would have to agree with those studies. In the last week Jonas has cried, cried, cried. His nickname should be The Incredible Sulk. He has driven his mother crazy, who spends 24 hours a day with him. I, on the other hand, get to leave for work during the day. And believe me, I find it a heck of a lot less stressful in the classroom than I do spending a day at home. Since Jonas is tethered to Christine, I have taken it upon myself to do the lion’s share of the household chores. Here’s how I spent Saturday and Sunday:

dusting
vacuuming
washing floors
changing cat litter
washing bathrooms
washing clothes (both adult and infant)
folding clothes
putting clothes away
walking our dog Ollie and Grover (Jenn and Tom’s pooch)
feeding dogs
feeding Sylvester
cooking
washing dishes

That’s about it. We managed to find time to go to the Ambulance Base where Jeremie and Todd cooked moose stew and bannack for everyone. It was incredibly good. Also found time to watch the Leafs beat the Habs on Saturday night in a fantastic game decided by a shootout.

Amidst the craziness, I am finding time to enjoy Jonas. He is now smiling purposely, we think. The picture below, of him in his swing, captures my smiling little boy.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable smile. you are a good dad/husband.
MW

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a verry good husband.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home