Friday, October 06, 2006

Ever Great Town

Christine, Jonas and I made it back to Fort Albany this afternoon after an exhausting trip that spanned two days.

On Thursday we made the eight hour drive from Lindsay to Timmins. David drove the first three hours to North Bay and I drove the rest of the way, having gotten no more than four hours sleep the night before. It’s amazing what you can accomplish when your wife and child are depending on you.

After we returned, I went to the Northern to buy some groceries. It took me well over an hours, as I stopped to chat with friends I hadn’t seen in six weeks. It was magnificent to see the bright, smiling faces of the community members - excited about the long weekend. I had a nice chat with Kerry Bitternose and Jacob Ashamock, who are two of my favourite people in Fort Albany. They are a great couple who have a two-year old son named Andre. Kerry is expecting again, in November I think. Jacob is one of my students. He actually inspired me to take up blogging because he himself has his own site on Piczo. I checked it out and came to the realization that I should be doing something like that.

Christine’s very close friend Christina Nicolaidis is visiting right now. At Christine’s urging, Christina came up here to work for five weeks. She is thinking about returning full-time in January. We really hope she does. A few minutes ago they were discussing their favourite profane expressions as little Jonas looked on. He’s not going to pick up on that shit is he?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, good one (last line). You should be publishing these stories.

MW

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home