Friday, September 29, 2006

Jonas Touches Down on Sawlog Bay

Christine, Jonas and I returned to Lindsay yesterday after spending three days at my parents’ place on the shores of Georgian Bay, just outside of Penetanguishene.

We welcomed a host of visitors, everyone except the Three Wisemen. My brother Jason and his partner Veronica met their new nephew. My Gramma Henderson, Uncle Jim, Aunt Vicky and her partner Cindy visited too. Little Jonas accommodated them with snuggles and overall cuteness.

Jonas became the fifth generation of the Mackie family to visit Sawlog Bay, the bay where my family has been coming to since the early part of the 20th century. My grandmother, Eva Mackie, lived there for several years before she moved into a nursing home nine years ago. She passed away on Aug. 13 – a month to the day before Jonas was born.

It was a special few days for our family. My parents doted on Jonas. They are the fantastic grandparents I expected them to be. I’ve posted a few pictures of our visit in my photo album. Just click on the link to the right to seem them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home