Friday, October 17, 2008

We’re alive!

I just finished watching the Leafs-Rangers game, and I’m positively thrilled that the Rangers won 1-0 in a shootout. That’s because I’m in a suicide pool this year. The idea is to pick a team to win a game on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. If that team doesn’t win, you’re eliminated. The next week we pick another team to win, but we can’t pick the same team to win more than once during the season. The last person standing is the winner.

The best part about this is that I’ve reunited with my old friend Blair Buchmann in doing this. Apparently I am seen as a hockey expert, so Blair asked me to advise him on his picks. He actually has two entries in the pool - he makes one pick and I make the other. We’re a perfect 3-for-3 so far. Tomorrow night Blair has picked Montreal to beat Phoenix.

I had a great time watching the game by myself. Christine is working the night shift and Jonas, bless his heart, has long since been asleep. He is an excellent sleeper. He doesn’t wake up during the night and is almost always good for 12 hours of sleep. I know there are some parents who want to smack me for revealing that. I am touching on wood that little Jonas continues his good sleeping habits.

As I watched the game I was really impressed by the play of Jonas Frogren and Luke Schenn. They were awesome on the penalty kill, throwing themselves in front of shots with reckless abandon. If Christine and I ever have another son, I think we should name him Luke - Jonas and Luke - only I would ever know the significance :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home