Sunday, August 10, 2008

29:36

It is over.

The day I’d been waiting for has come and it almost gone. Today I ran the 5 Km race in the Golden Trails Festival in a time of 29:36. I am satisfied because secretly my goal was to finish in under 30 minutes.

I ran the first 15 minutes at a steady, moderate pace. I picked up my speed in the second half and actually sprinted the final km. Yep, I was running full out. My body felt great. So light. I was free and easy as I entered the stadium and did a lap around the track. It was a fantastic feeling to hear my name announced as I neared the finish line and to hear the crowd cheering me on. I only wish Christine and Jonas could have been there to witness my big moment. Christine had to work so I dropped Jonas off at Meghan’s.

This afternoon Jonas and I had our own celebration as we went to the Mac for lunch. We shared a plate of pancakes and ham. Later on we went over to Joe and Mary-Ann’s, who were hosting some Filipino friends. I socialized while Jonas spent a couple of hours playing in little Joseph’s mini-car.

Tonight the three of us celebrated (again) by going to East Side Mario’s for supper. We had two reasons to celebrate: Christine has just accepted a full-time position at the hospital. It means a lot to us because the benefits are a step up from our current benefits.

Time for a well-deserved sleep. Tomorrow I am back at it. My running mates and I are going for a run at 5:30 p.m. It will be a light run, but I’m looking forward to running on back-to-back days for the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home