Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I’m 32 and have a paper route

I don’t go around telling people this, but I have a paper route. Actually, we have a paper route. Christine and me. And Jonas.

It all started last winter when Christine decided she wanted to get more exercise and get paid for it. Then when she went back to work full time in February the paper route became ours. Every Wednesday and Friday we deliver a free weekly paper to 162 houses in our neighbourhood. For this we receive 8 cents a paper, which works out to $100 a month - certainly not an insignificant amount of money.

Truthfully it’s a bit of a pain in the rear. It takes two hours for me to deliver 162 papers. Most of the time I push Jonas in his jogging stroller. He seems to enjoy it, or at least he rarely complains. We have often thought about giving it up, but the money just accumulates in a bank account and is there for us to use at our discretion. We’re not made of money by any means, so it makes sense for us to grind it out a little longer. Then there’s the exercise factor. I’m running five days a week and delivering papers two days. At the end of the day, I feel a great sense of satisfaction that I’ve worked my butt off. It’s a nice feeling.

OK, now that world knows I’m a paper boy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have been thinking about this to make some extra money too.
But then the snow factor comes in and I am not ready to drag the kids out to deliver papers in the cold winter.

And then there is the fact that I delivered papers for 5 years out of my life as a child so as an adult.. i don't ever want to do it again. LOL

I think its great that you have one. Shows Jonas that daddy is a hard worker and likes to spend time with him

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home