Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mission Accomplished (almost)

This is the tenth and final week of my running program. On Monday evening we ran for a full 30 minutes at Hersey Lake. The trails were full of hills and rough terrain. It was without question our toughest test yet. Couple that with the fact that I was pushing Jonas in the stroller and it becomes all the more challenging. But let me tell, I loved the experience. What amazes me is how much better I feel each week, even though we are running longer distances.

We are running through Mountjoy tomorrow evening, and then by ourselves on Saturday. Then we’re done with the program, but certainly not finished with running. Those of us who are finishing the course have decided to keep running together. We have built up a real sense of team spirit during the past 10 weeks. We were talking the other night about how difficult running seemed in the first couple of weeks. It’s hard to believe we’ve gone from a minute non-stop to 30 minutes non-stop. Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home