Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fort Albany flooded under

I spoke with a couple of friends in Fort Albany this morning. Things are not good. The entire community of 800 people is being evacuated because part of the town is quite literally under water. Because the airport is flooded, residents are being ferried over to Kash so they can catch a plane out. It brings back memories of when we were evacuated to Moosonee in 2006. Christine and I, along with the hospital patients, took off in a 6-seater at 3 a.m. What an experience that was. Sometimes I cannot believe what we went through living up there. We wouldn’t trade in the experience for the world though.

Christine and I are taking a learn to run course through Northern Sports. It’s a 10-week course and when we’re done we’ll be able to run 30 minutes without stopping. I think I could manage that now, but it is nice to learn proper technique and get advice from experts. My goal is to someday run a half marathon. I’ll be sure to keep you posted.

The Jays are awful, terrible, horrible these days. They’ve lost six in a row and are 10-15 on the season. It isn’t worth commenting on any further, other than to say there’s something fascinating about watching them implode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home