Sunday, October 21, 2007

I hate the Leafs’ new sweaters!

I’m having trouble watching the Leafs these days - and it has nothing to do with the fact that they’re terrible in their own end.

I can’t stand the fact that they re-designed their sweaters, eliminating the stripes at the bottom. It makes the sweater look boring and unofficial - not unlike a practice sweater. When I watch the games on TV, it looks as though all the players have tucked their sweaters into their pants. I guess this is what passes as "sleek."

I can’t help but notice that the other original six teams made little or no changes to their sweaters when the NHL and Reebok unveiled the new "Edge" sweaters this season. Could it be that the Leafs sensed a cash grab opportunity and pounced? I wonder how many fans who bought a new sweater in the past couple of years rushed out to by the new one?

That’s my complaint for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home