Monday, June 16, 2008

Run Jeffery Run

Tonight we started Week 9 of our 10-week running program. I ran 4k in about 26 minutes. I’m not surprised that I ran 4k, but I am surprised at how good I felt afterward. When I started the program, 26 minutes non-stop seemed like a lofty goal. I’m happy to report that I’m hardly out of breath and my knees and feet have been feeling better lately.

I really enjoy the runs with Jonas. He just sits in his stroller and takes everything in. My fellow runners get a big kick out of his laid-back attitude. Most importantly, he reminds me why I got into running in the first place: I was hoping to challenge myself, increase my energy level, and improve my overall health. I’ve done all three.

This is one of the best things I’ve ever done. I encourage everyone to consider becoming a runner. If you have no experience, that’s no big deal. I’d be happy to share the 10-week running program with anyone who’s interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home