Friday, August 01, 2008

What Long Weekend?

One of the interesting things about being a work-at-home dad is that I hardly ever know what day it is. As I was winding up my run last week, I had no idea what day it was. None whatsoever. Turns out it was Monday. I only came to this conclusion after deducing that I normally run Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays - and that it felt most like a Monday. Do any other at-home parents feel this way?

I am looking forward to the long weekend, although it doesn’t mean that much to me. Truth is I work every day. This weekend will be special, though, because Christine is off and I won’t be solely responsible for Jonas for the next three days. I’m meeting my running partner tomorrow for a run through the Tembec trails behind the hospital, where the bears are. Yes, there really are bears. Later on we are planning to visit with our friends Joe and Mary-Ann and their three kids. Should be a busy day, but it will be a nice break from the routine.

At some point this weekend I am hoping to do a business presentation with some potential customers. The work never seems to stop! I’m not complaining though because it is very exciting to see the business grow. This reminds me that I need to work on my business plan. It’s kind of funny, I’m too busy running the business to work on the business plan. Bad Jeff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home