Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ready to Run!

Tomorrow is the big day.

I am running the 5 Km race in the Timmins Golden Trails Festival. The race begins at 9 a.m. Since Christine is working, I will be taking Jonas to our babysitter Meghan’s for the morning, where he will undoubtedly have a great time. Then it’s time for me to run. I am a bit nervous because I’ll be running by myself - none of my running partners will be participating. I wonder what it will feel like at the starting line?

Finishing the 5 Km won’t be a problem. At least I don’t think it will be. I am a little concerned that my pacing will be off because I’m not accustomed to racing against others. I don’t want to burn my energy too soon in the race. My plan will to be run at a steady pace for about 10-12 minutes and then pick up the pace for a few minutes. I feel so good when I have my balance and my entire body is working like a well-oiled machine.

Wish me luck. I look forward to reporting how the race goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home