Thursday, February 22, 2007

Shame on You, Gord Miller!

I watched a tremendous hockey game last night between San Jose and Washington. Jonathan Cheechoo scored the winning goal in a shootout. The pace was brisk and there were a lot of hard hits.

However, commentator Gord Miller had me screaming at the TV. In fact, I almost phone Rex to express my outrage. It’s a good thing I didn’t because he wasn’t watching the game. He was at the hospital as both his sons were sick, but that’s another story. Anyway, Pierre McGuire - who I really like - brought up the fact that Cheechoo is from Moose Factory, and how that’s such a great name for a town. Miller then showed his ignorance by commenting that Moose Factory is "up on Hudson Bay." I’m probably the only white guy outraged by this, but Moose Factory is infact located along the JAMES BAY coast!!! He went on to say that you’ll only be able to drive to Moose Factory for a few more months because the road will thaw. OK, I won’t quarrel too much with that statement. Technically, it’s true. I will point out, though, that you can only access Moose Factory by road from Moosonee this time of year. You can’t drive there from Toronto at any time of the year. I wonder if Gord knows this?

Tonight’s game game of choice is Ottawa at Buffalo. Should be a good one. I would like to watch the Leafs-Isles tilt, but our Starchoice service blacks out Leafs games on Sportsnet because we are not in the Leafs coverage area. This is puzzling, considering we get all the Oilers, Flames and Canucks games. I thought briefly about watching the Calgary-Phoenix game at 9, most because I haven’t seen the Flames much this season and haven’t seen the Coyotes at all.

Go Sabres! (I guess)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home