Thursday, February 15, 2007

Why won’t he phone?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get an NHL player to return messages?

I’ve been waiting by the phone for more than a week now, waiting for a certain NHL player to phone me to do an interview. If the PR guy is to be believed, this player has received five messages to phone me. I thought it was kind of funny, actually, that the PR man said he would "text" my numbers to him. I’d like to send a message to this player: tear your ass away from the X-Box and phone me. It will only take 10 minutes, and in exchange for your time you get to appear on the cover of Hockey Life Magazine. Sure, it’s not The Hockey News, but Mike Brophy does write for it - not to mention Steve Simmons from The Toronto Sun. Hey, I’m just a lowly freelancer who lives in BF nowhere, a guy who depends on the money from this job to feed his infant son (OK, that was an exaggeration).

Funny thing is, I think he’s a good player who doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. I even went to bat for him, advocating to the editor that we feature him on the cover. And this is how I get treated? I really have no choice but to phone his parents and see if they can get him to call me. They’ve been helpful with this story, sending in his minor hockey photos to be used with the article.

On a more positive note, I weighed in today - two weeks after modifying my diet. I’ve lost a little more than a pound. I’m just relieved to halt the weight gain, to tell you the truth. If I can lose another pound in the next two weeks, I can’t really complain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I know what you mean. I've been putting calls through to George [Clooney] for weeks now to ask him over for a little soire I am throwing for Helen [Mirren] to congratulate her for her Oscar nod, and he just won't return the call. I swear, the work of these people's assistants is just dreadful. Good help relly is hard to find these days.
MW

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home