Monday, January 15, 2007

Bush 60 Minutes interview disturbing

Did anyone else out there see the George W. Bush interview on 60 Minutes last night? I was deeply troubled, to say the least. Bush looked as unpresidential-like as ever, so unsure of himself to the point of embarassment, still unable to logically explain why increasingly the troop build-up in Iraq to 2004 levels is better than withdrawing completely. Virtually every expert I’ve heard advises against this plan, even some from Fox News.

I might feel better about the future of the world had Bush presented a strong, resolute image to the world last night. Instead, you could almost see the beads of sweat on his forehead when asked the pressing questions. The security of the free world, my friends, is in the hands of this man. And that scares the crap out of me, considering how badly he has bungled the Iraqi invasion, a mess that he started by misleading Americans. Normally, I would advise him to resign, but the alternative might even be worse. I’m talking about Cheney, of course. So, in other words, there is no alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home