Sunday, December 03, 2006

Jeff’s November Playlist

I am a couple of days late with this, but here are the new (or relatively new) singles I was listening to in November, ranked in order, of course.

1. Open Your Eyes, Snow Patrol
My second favourite song from their CD Eyes Open. It was used in the opening scene of the season premiere of E.R., of which I am a fan.

2. When The Sun Goes Down , Charlie Mars
This song is a couple of years old now, but Charlie Mars hasn’t put out a new album since, and XM has played it a bit, therefore I’m qualifying it for my list.

3. Roger and Out, Neil Young
This is one of Neil’s best songs in several years. It is written from the pespective of a Vietnam Vet who came home from the war, but his friend didn’t. It is, suffice to say, topical.

4. Trust Me, The Fray
The latest CD by The Fray is pretty good, and this is one of the strongest songs.

5. It Was Love, The Elected
When I listen to The Elected, I am reminded of The Jayhawks. This is one of my favourite songs from their most recent CD.

6. When the Angels Make Contact, Matt Mays
Matt Mays is one of my favourite artists, and he doesn’t disappoint me with the first single from his new CD. It is unlike anything he has done to date, which makes me appeciate him even more.

7. The Man, Pete Yorn
Pete Yorn is a also a favourite of mine. I was excited about this song the first few times I heard it, but it has since become a bit bland for me. Still, I like it quite a bit.

8. Surrender, Ox
This is such a fantastic cover of the Cheap Trick song; a stipped down accoustic. This Canadian band is apparently a country act, but to me they sound more alt-country. Am I just being redundant here?

9. Move Along , The All-American Rejects
I heard this song countless times and never really liked it, until one night I heard it while at the Ambulance base and something just clicked for me. I’ve liked it ever since.

10. The Kill, 30 Seconds To Mars
This is one song I like to turn up loud.

11. Let Love in, Goo Goo Dolls
A catchy, upbeat song, but I’ve given up on the idea that GG will ever break new ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home