Monday, November 27, 2006

Guest Blogger: Mary Scott


Mary Scott is a Northern College student in Fort Albany. Here she laments the lack of snow and looks forward to the arrival of winter:

It’s almost December and there's not even snow on the ground. It feels weird without it. Usually there’s lots of snow at this time. If there was snow I would've been cruising around with a ski-doo, but I have to be careful this winter because in Weawagemaw Lake there was a ski-doo accident, a 22 year old passed away. My sister told me about it yesterday, but it happened four days ago. I feel sorry for the family even though I don't know them.

I hope it's gonna snow today or tonight because I like the colour white, because I can see people clearly with their coloured coats and clothes. But one thing I don't like about winter are blizzards. It sucks because you can't go out and you can hardly walk on the road, or drive around in a truck. That’s why I don’t like blizzards. Well, I guess a small one wouldn’t be so bad.

Once about two years ago my cousin and I went for a ride with a ski-doo. We were driving around near the school, but I didn't know she was gonna take a high jump. I almost fell off the ski-doo, but it was fun! But now she's not in town, she’s living in another town with her boyfriend. I hope she'll come home this winter!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home