Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My son is the greatest baby in the world

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes
They’re all I can see
- Snow Patrol

It was 11 weeks ago today that Jonas burst into the world, changing our lives for the better, changing our lives forever. He was 7 lbs., 12 oz and 19 inches long. He was the embodiment of perfect, and still is.

I like being a father, yes, but I absolutely love being Jonas’s father. No other child would have done; he is the perfect match for Christine and I. To have him taken away would destroy us forever. Everything thing he does, every smile, every sound he makes, every time his hand touches our face, makes us realize what it means to have created a life, what the very definition of a miracle is.

The best moments, as far as I am concerned, occur when you least expect them. Like the smile he flashes when I change his diaper by the light of the television at 5:30 am, barely able to keep me eyes open. I am dead tired, yet the connection we make at those instances invigorate me, and makes me want to wake up and face the day.

There are times, like just a few minutes ago, when I will be sitting at the computer with Jonas behind me in his travel crib. He’ll be talking away in his own little language, lots of coos and woo-eees. His tone becomes more serious the longer I go without making eye contact and when I turn around, I am met with a killer smile from his electric blue eyes. It’s as though everything is suddenly right in his world, just like it is in mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home