Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Martyn Bailey has been Tamed!!!


Martyn Bailey and Carrie Clynick are enagaged to be married on October 6, 2007, Northern Voices has learned.

A source close to the couple (possibly one of them) revealed that they are indeed engaged after a courtship of about a year.

OK, OK, I just wanted to know how it felt to write the lead to a hard news story again.

This is huge news!!! An absolutely enormous, massive, gigantic turn of events. Martyn Bailey, whom I’ve known for some 17 years, who stood up for me at my wedding, is settling down. Ladies, you had your chance and every one of you blew it.

Except, of course, for Carrie Clynick, definitely one of the nicest girls I have ever met in my life. Martyn saw an opportunity here and he seized it, setting himself up for the rest of his life with a fellow vegetarian, a lawyer, and possibly most importantly, a girl with vast knowledge of pop culture. My friends, this is something you can’t put a price on. Any woman who can carry on a conversation about the cultural relevancy of the hit show "Flavour of Love" is OK in my books. As Martyn will find out, the possibilities for conversation will be endless. He is a lucky guy, let me tell you.

Well, I look forward to being a groomsman at the wedding; the only wedding I have ever been in was my own. It is a real honour to be thought of in this way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Congrats!!!!!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty!!! that is great news!!!!WOW. that is something else. Congratulations my man.

MW

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home