Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Jonas and Jeff vs. Toronto

Today my boy and I took on the mighty city and kicked its butt, obliterated it, left it begging for mercy.

It was a marvelous day in his young life; it was a great day in the life of his dad.

Jonas and I hopped on the subway and paid a visit to the offices of Transcontinental Media, home of The Hockey News and the scene of some of the best times of my life. Jonas was unbelieveably well-behaved - he slept on the subway, woke up as we arrived at the office, and was his usual engaging self during our two-hour visit. He fell asleep on the subway ride home, and was in great spirits when we got back to his mommy. It was a fantastic day.

We are in Toronto until Thursday, staying at the Delta Chelsea. Monday night we had a great visit with our close friend Kainani, now a proud mother to eight-month-old Piper. What a bizarre experience it was for me, listening to Kainani dispense parenting advice, when about 18 months ago she was advising me on how to recover from a night of binge drinking. Oh, how times have changed.


Kainani with Jonas

On Friday we head back to Lindsay to spend Christmas with Christine’s family, then on Boxing Day we’re off to Penetanguishene to spend some time with my folks. We fly back to Fort Albany on New Year’s Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home