Monday, February 12, 2007

Downsize Me

In an effort to go from a fatso to fitso, I’ve embarked on a diet…make that a “food modification” program. Since the birth of Jonas, I’ve been on a real eating tear. It started with all the restaurant food we enjoyed while down south for the birth of the little boy; then it continued unabated over the Christmas holidays. The opportunity to eat presented itself, so I took it. I’m not ashamed of it, because I ate some damn good food. Problem was, over the Christmas holidays I discovered ye ol’ pants weren’t fitting quite as well. In fact, a couple of pairs of pants are on the sidelines because they no longer fit.

But not for long…hopefully.

Here are the diet changes I’ve made:

- I no longer drink sugared beverages like pop, ice tea and kool-aid. From now on, it’s only purified water (5 glasses a day) and a little bit of fruit juice for breakfast. Of course, I can’t give up my Tim Horton’s coffee in the morning.

- The granola bar I was eating for my morning snack has been replaced with an apple or orange. My PM snack of crackers and peanut butter is now either fruit or carrots.

- I no longer eat anything out of a can for lunch – there’s way too much sodium. Instead, I’ve taken to scrambled eggs and toast a lot of the time. I’m still concerned I’m eating too many carbs. And it is possible to eat too many eggs, or so Christine tells me.

- I haven’t altered my dinner habits, I just watch my portion size. However, I haven’t had ice cream for dessert in nearly two weeks – a huge accomplishment for me. Also, I’ve greatly reduced my yogurt consumption. And what have I replaced ice cream and yogurt with? Jello.

Finally, I no longer eat after 8 p.m. (OK, I’ve broken down and had a bowl of cereal a couple of times, but nothing major).

I am going to weigh in every two weeks, with my first weigh-in scheduled for this Thursday. I’ll be sure to keep y’all updated on my progress.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap, ok me too.
MW

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home