Sunday, February 04, 2007

Jeff’s January Playlist

In an effort to share my music with the world, here are the singles I was listening to in January:

1. Boston, Augustana
I liked this song a lot when I first bought the Augustana CD 16 months ago. However, I heard the single version on the radio and have a feeling it has been watered down to make it more radio-friendly. I don’t approve of such a tactic.

2. Starlight, Muse
This song borrows/steals from the 80s song "All My Dreams Came True Last Night" by ABC.

3. Reach For The Sun, The Polyphonic Spree
This song features a muted trumpet, an instrument I’m not usually fond of, but in this case it seems to work.

4. Stolen, Dashboard Confessional
The DB song "Don’t Wait" was one of my favourites from 2006. This is not nearly as good.

5. Sunday Morning, K-Os
A song that makes me want to strut across the Rez.

6. It Ends Tonight, The All-American Rejects
Yet another AAR song that makes my playlist.

7. The Interview, AFI
Another song that has an 80s feel to it. And as some of you know, I do love my 80s music.

8. Cab, Train
I never thought I’d ever like another Train song after they went all soft, but this one’s OK.

9. Anna Molly, Incubus
A popular song with the masses, but I have a feeling I’ll forget about it in a year.

10. Windows In The Sky U2
This song actually started annoying me as the month went on, and truthfully I only included it on the list because of the band that sings it. Perhaps that’s reason enough dislike the song, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home