Wednesday, February 21, 2007

All by Myself

Well, I am all by myself for the next two weeks. Christine and Jonas flew out today, gone for the next three weeks. I am flying out March 8 to join them. I wasn’t sure how I wanted to spend my two weeks of freedom. For a while, I thought about going on the CBC diet, watching nothing but CBC on TV, and listening to nothing but CBC radio. The rest of my leisure time would be devoted to reading and playing on the internet. Then I came to my senses. I have since decided to do whatever I want when I want. Rest assured, the CBC will be watched and listened to, as I am a big fan of both mediums. However, there will be plenty of hockey watching, and I plan to read until my eyes pop out of their sockets. First, I’ve got to finish “Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures”, the book I’ve been reading for over a month now. Andrea left us a few books before she went, one of which is “Walking on the Land” by Farley Mowat. Now you can’t get much more Canadian than that, can you?

Tonight’s agenda features the San Jose Sharks vs. the Washington Capitals – Cheechoo vs. Ovechkin. This could be the first non-Leafs game I watch this season. Watching hockey, just like reading, and generally wasting time, is something that has become scarce for me since Jonas’ arrival. I will sure miss the little guy. Tonight is the first night since he was born that we haven’t slept in the same room, and tomorrow will be the first day I don’t get to see him. Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home