Friday, February 16, 2007

Mission Accomplished...Finally

My NHL player phoned me late this afternoon after nearly two weeks of unreturned messages. Needless to say I am completely thrilled that I can enjoy my weekend without this hanging over me. It was the first thing I thought about in the morning, and the last thing I thought about before going to bed.

I don’t want to reveal his identity because I slagged him, tongue in cheek, in yesterday’s post. Truthfully, he was a bit of a dick with me in the interview.

Jeff: Why do you think you made the NHL, when the odds of a kid making it are astronomical?

NHLer: I don’t know.

Jeff: Do you ever think about how fortunate you were to make it?

NHLer: (aggitated) Of course I do, I think about how lucky I am everyday, but I worked hard to get where I am.

I guess I was expecting a more thoughtful answer, one that credited his coaches and parents. To his credit, he did go on about the sacrifices his parents made, but only after I prompted him.

I’m just glad this is over. In the future, when I chose a player to profile, I’m going to do a thorough background check to ensure he doesn’t give me the runaround.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home