Sunday, February 15, 2009

I might be cool again

I was cool once. It was during 2001 and 2002. I lived in Toronto at the time, and I was very much young, wild and free. I did whatever I wanted, and did so at all hours of the day and night.

I thought about those days as Christine and I watched a great movie tonight: Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Just watching the film made me feel cool again. And yet I am so not. In fact, I am as far from cool as possible. I’m a husband and father first, and an individual person second. Not that I’m complaining. So much of my energy goes toward the rearing of a wonderful two year old boy. When we welcome baby no. 2 in June, I’ll have even less time and energy for extra-curricular activities. That’s just the way it’s going to be.

However, all will not be lost. In the past couple of weeks I’ve been making an effort to listen to new music. I’ve been pouring over alternative playlists and countdowns and sampling some new artists. I have to say, I love what I’m hearing!! I’m listening to fresh new music that is unpredictable, exciting, mysterious, and captivating.

Watching Nick and Norah tonight only reaffirms my desire to expand my musical horizons and become "cool" again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home