Tuesday, December 09, 2008

We’re having a baby, baby!

This coming June, there will be a fourth member of the Mackie clan. Christine is about 13 weeks pregnant. Yipee!!

Our joy has been tempered somewhat by the fact that Christine has been horribly sick so far. Not just morning sickness, but all-day sickness. This is not good when you’re an RN and work shift work. She was sick like this with Jonas too, so we kind of expected this. At least she has yet to throw up in a snow bank after a night shift while her boss climbs over her, not even stopping to ask if she’s OK. Yes, that did happen.

I have a lot on the go. I have lost count of how many "jobs" I have. A while ago I decided that I should view myself as a consultant who has several clients. All told, I have three sources of income which keeps me plenty busy. The bonus, of course, is that I am able to work from home, which saves us big time in child care costs.

I am actually in negotiations right now to start a hockey blog. I’ve been approached by a popular website. They would like to be my advertising representative. I would get paid for my blogging based on the sale of ads. It is certainly an upgrade on the zero dollars I’m currently making writing this blog. Who knows? Perhaps I’ll become the next Perez Hilton!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OH A BIG CONGRATS TO YOU GUYS!!!

That is so exciting!

I hope Christine feels better soon. I had horrible morning sickeness with Liam's pregnancy. I found the one thing that worked was eating all the time. I had to eat every 40 minutes something small to keep my blood sugar stable.

Not sure if that will help her, but yea... its some advice that everyone gives. Maybe its twins and you will be adding 4 and 5 to your clan!! Hee Hee.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats from Murray and Lynn Munro. Say hi to your parents.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home