Saturday, April 14, 2007

Two Weeks Down

I have completed my first two weeks as a stay-at-home father, and I have to say that I am loving it. Jonas and I are getting along famously - he seems interested in what I have to say, and I in turn hang on his every ga-ga and goo-goo. On days when Christine has been working, I’ve been getting up with her around 6:15 am. I take the dog out, eat breakfast, drink my coffee and read whatever it is that needs reading, listen to CBC radio and watch Sportsnet Connected with the sound off - and wait for the little guy to wake up. He wakes up between 8:30 and 9. We play for a few minutes and then I feed him his (breast) milk and cereal. The milk doesn’t come from my breast. He plays and I putter for a while and then he’s usually ready for a nap by 10:30. While he’s napping, daddy goes on the internet, reads over the previous night’s baseball box scores and gets his Facebook fix, the first of many for the day. Christine comes home at 11:30, feeds Jonas and herself and then goes back to work. We play, I feed him lunch, he naps, Christine feeds him at 4:30, he plays and then maybe naps while I eat my dinner. Christine doesn’t get home until after 8 p.m., so it is a pretty long day together. Feed, play, nap. You get the idea.

I am busy applying for jobs in Timmins, jobs I might actually enjoy. Christine is in real demand in T-Town, so it might actually be her job that moves us there. We are looking the May 24 weekend as a possible moving date. I guess we’re in no real rush, but I am anxious to get moved into the new house and do the type of things that men do around the house, like cut the lawn and fix things that need fixin’.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being a stay-at-home Dad! Shane loved the four months he was on parental leave.

So, I think I may have to cave and jump on the Facebook bandwagon. Everyone's obsessed!

Stephanie

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home