Monday, April 23, 2007

Soon We’ll Be Leaving

Well, we are looking at moving to Timmins on May 24. Christine gave her notice to the hospital today and I let the college know last week that I will not be returning next semester. I am a little miffed that nobody at the college has bothered to acknowledge my resignation, but I guess that’s the way it goes. I am more excited about moving than Christine. We are both attached to Fort Albany in similar and different ways. From Christine’s perspective, she is sad to leave after just returning to work this month. I, on the other hand, was left with a sour taste in my mouth at the end of the last semester. I found out there were a few students who were not happy with the way I was teaching. I can accept that, but truthfully I bent over backwards to help these students through personal struggles. It leaves me with the feeling that my best will never be good enough. That’s the biggest challenge with teaching: you always feel that you could be doing more. It’s a horrible thing to feel.

There’s also the isolation factor I’m dealing with. I spend each and every day looking after Jonas, which is great. However, it leaves little time for me to do anything else. Even taking Jonas over to the school is a challenge because I have him on such a tight schedule. Sure, I know very few people in Timmins, but at least I will have the prospect of a new job or doing volunteer work in order to meet people. Timmins...get ready cause we’re coming’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home